To get things started, and before we start posting any music on here I though we should set out exactly what this site is for and how we plan on achieving our goals.
We exist to promote the bands and music we love, nothing else. And following the same format as the post referred to above, here are the rules we will abide by:
- Always link to a place to buy the music we’re blogging via the record label, iTunes, Amazon, insound, etc. We will try to get links to buy the album in both the UK and the USA.
- Not post more than two songs from a copyrighted album without written permission of the rights holder, only including one single maximum.
- Not host or link to full albums, open directories, or other large repositories of pirated music.
- Keep up-to-date with what other blogs are posting (which is made easier through The Hype Machine and Elbo.ws), and try not to let the whole album being posted on the internet.
- Treat pre-releases sensitively.
- Take the considerations of bands and record labels seriously. We will remove any music we have posted as soon as possible after receiving such a request from either the band blogged about, their official management o their record label.
- Publicize the fact that we have a shared policy toward blogging – one that promotes fine music while simultaneously respecting the artists and their labels.
So there you have it, the rules we plan to abide by in the future. Think we’re missing something – post a comment